Saturday, May 7, 2011

Confession of a daugther.

21 years ago, because of a woman, I was here in this world.
Even before I was born, she stood strong and insisted to my dad that she would not abort me.
Since then, all her life, she spent raising me and my brother.
From the milk powder to the exercise books in school, she spend every single cent of her salary.
Her life was all about us.
Few years later, dad left and it wasn't a peaceful one.
She held on to life, facing all the gossips and humiliation of the people, financial burdens that she has to bare alone, words can never be enough to tell what she has went through.
Every day she sends us to school and goes to work, sometimes 2 jobs.
She tried selling art materials, teaching art classes etc. Or maybe more that I didn't know.
With the little time left, she took care of our meals and everything we needed.
She was the handyman at home. Took care of the lights, clogged drainage, leaking ceiling, everything!
As a woman, she has to go to the car workshop alone. Stay there for hours to wait for the fix cause there's no one there to send her home.
As a mother, she tried her best to cover the role of a father. She brought us for vacations, drove us outstation all alone.
And I know, every night she would cry alone in her bedroom.

She could have re-marry for life to be easier. Find a man who would take care of all of us.
But she didn't. Because she didn't want us to have another complicated family.
Everything was because of us.


I am forever grateful beyond words.
My dream is to give her the best life ever in the coming days.
I love my mother.

Any resemblance? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment