Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Values that creates my life.

It has been 3 years and 4 months since I left my little beloved hometown - Taiping and search for my future and destiny here in KL.

Many said I've changed. Most of them thinks it's a good change. Well, at least those are the ones that told me so. Hee..

So what's the change here?

I guess the first change is having a whole new set of values in my life. Yes, I learnt them from church. Check this out! :)
It's posted on twitter by Shirley Boon. She shaped a big part of the values of my life.

I've started 2010 strong. Went to Taiwan, Singapore and even led a mission team myself. Then it was time for Asia Conference, where I dealt with stress that came in from 800 people and also learn to manage my emotions. I missed Asia Conference. I really do.

But to me, the hardest and greatest value that I've learnt this year is to embrace change. I'm not a person who likes changes. But it's the most constant thing in life. I've experienced a change of living environment, change of needs from the people around me and even change in my relationships.

In case you don't know, I'm a people person. Kinda an extreme one. So the toughest to me is of course the change in my relationships. I've experienced betray by someone close to my heart, cheating and lying about me just to protect ones self, a group of close friends getting attached or moving to the workplace one by one and have lesser time for me etc!

Many times I wished things will never change. Many times I wished we can go back to the good old times once again. That's a super selfish thought of mine. People need to grow. Whatever in life that does not grow is dead. There are seasons in our life.

So this is a season for me to learn. To learn how to love in a greater depth. To love even when people or things are unlovable. To do what is best for others in the expense of myself. (sounds very great and impossible?) Well, it's doable. Because love is not a feeling. Love is a choice! You can choose to love despite the circumstance.

You don't learn something until you know how to do it. I've learnt the real meaning of the word 祝福.

Jesus chose to love us when we're unlovable. I thank God that He's my model of love. If you wanna know what love is? Study His life.

Or....... you can try listening to this song by Jaeson Ma and Bruno Mars:

No comments:

Post a Comment