Friday, October 22, 2010

Gentleness - a value often neglected.

As I was praying in my shower and continued until the moment before I shut my eyes for sleep, God repeatedly impress the word 'Gentleness' into my heart. I ignored it at first. Thinking that God should have more important things to tell me. But as I kept praying, the impression of the word became stronger..

So I said "Alright God, what can I do with gentleness in my life?" Little answers came in such as "be gentle as you speak", "be gentle in your approach", "be gentle and not be in anger when you're offended" etc.

So I kept them in mind and went to bed. I'm not quite sure about you, but it is true that gentleness has not really been a value in my life. Especially when I feel offended. Though my response may not be extreme, but it's still not 'gentle'. And most of the time when I pray, I would ask God to help me have wisdom, discernment, faith, patience etc. But I never prayed for God to help me cultivate gentleness in my life.

This morning, I decided to go deeper in the word "Gentleness". As I began to ask God to help me cultivate this value, He began to show me what can it do.

- Gentleness eliminates the fear of authority. There can be openness in a relationship between leaders and members. Harshness kills all these.

- Gentleness touches the heart. Harshness hurts the heart.

- Gentleness is a pathway to a second chance, a pathway to hope. Our God of a second chance is a gentle God.
Psalm 18:35
You have also given me the shield of Your salvation;Your right hand has held me up, Your gentleness has made me great.

- Gentleness restores even with rebukes.
A mother who rebukes in gentleness is likely to teach and restore her children into their God given destiny, to become who they are meant to be.
A mother who rebukes bluntly without considering her words is likely to damage the soul and heart of her child. Causing them to think of themselves worthless.

- Gentleness is the number 1 value of a wife.
A wife who tries to make everything in order in the house will only rob the husband of his God given position as the head of the house. Relationships will be torn and the family will collapse.
A wife who supports with gentleness allows God to restore her man into his God given authority in the house. It takes time, but with her love and gentleness, they will make it and the house will be strong.

Before I ended my prayer time, God said a final word to me:
Gentleness is the value of a woman of God. For a woman of God is called to love and nurture in gentleness.

No comments:

Post a Comment